From: Michael Closson
To: Joseph Phillips
Cc: 'garnome-list gnome org'
Sent: 8/19/03 1:33 PM
Subject: Re: could not locate chunk-common.xsl

Joseph Phillips wrote:
> I am running a fresh install of Red Hat 9.  I downloaded the latest
garnome
> and followed the instructions, and I get this error during
compilation:

> creating XML Catalog root /root/garnome/etc/xml/catalog
> creating DocBook XML Catalog /root/garnome/etc/xml/docbook
> Found DocBook XML 4.1.2 DTD in
/usr/share/sgml/docbook/xml-dtd-4.1.2-1.0-17
> Found ISO DocBook entities in
> /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xml-dtd-4.1.2-1.0-17/ent
> could not locate chunk-common.xsl of DocBook XSLT stylesheets
>
> Can anyone help me please?  Thanks.

Hi Joseph,

You'll need to download docbook-xsl-1.61.3 from
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/projects/xsl/

The following link should work

http://dl.sourceforge.net/docbook/docbook-xsl-1.61.3.tar.gz

Untar it somewhere in your garnome installation tree.  I recommend

/usr/share/xml

Then libxml2 should install properly.

If you don't have root and can install into /usr/share/xml you can edit
buildDocBookCatalog so it knows where to look for it.  But that can be a

bit tricky as you'll probably have to update the md5sum of
buildDocBookCatalog.

Anyways, let me know if it works!

Mike Closson