Re: Garnome and Solaris 2.6 - X problems

No, it's not necessary. Maybe if you posted the errors you're getting, we could help walk you through 'em.

I've got a couple 2.6 machines with Garnome installed (though not the latest version yet). it was no picnic, but it's possible.

Sunil wrote:

Hi Everyone,

newbie questions: Is it necessary to install XFree86
to enjoy gnome on solaris 2.6? Is the native X not
good enough for gnome? I can't seem to install the
XFree86 in my ~/garnome/ since it refuses to compile
with gnu tools.

I don't want to screw the existing X setup. Any ideas
about what is the right way of approaching this.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

-Sunil