Re: hacking-0.26.0 pre-release! :-)

Hi Jeff,

fontconfig-2.2.90

It looks as if fontconfig-2.2.90 doesn't like to have more then 1 job crunshing away on the compilation work. Is it possible to set the jobserver to -j 1.

xft-2.1.2

to compile this successfully I needed these 2 symbolic links to be created.

ln -s /usr/local/lib/libexpat.la /usr/test/garnome2/lib/libexpat.la
ln -s /usr/local/lib/libexpat.so /usr/test/garnome2/lib/libexpat.so

gar.conf.mk

some small additions would make life even more sweet:

#Use this setting if you would like to use a local or your provider proxy server. # replace x,x,x.x with your proxyservers ip address and yyyy with the port number of your proxy server

export http_proxy=http://x.x.x.x:yyyy/

#athlon tbird optimizations

CFLAGS += -falign-functions=4 -mfancy-math-387 -march=athlon-tbird

My box is now happily churning away. I'll send more updates as they occur.

Happy hunting,

Stef

Jeff Waugh wrote:

Hey gang,

Apologies for the deafening silence recently. Here's a tarball of love to
keep you going until mid-next-week, when we push the GNOME 2.4 Beta 1
release. :-)

 http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/garnome/download/hacking-0.26.0.tar.bz2 [71K]

Please reply to this email with problem reports and upgrade fixes, so I can
get them all in for next week's release. Nothing about this should be very
unstable btw., very safe to use. :-)

Thanks,