Re: index.sgml missing

in the garnome source directory, in gnome/category.mk, try taking out
--with-html-dir=$(docdir) and replacing it with --disable-gtk-doc

Matt Rose     mattrose folkwolf net    Visit my blog!  http://folkwolf.net
A successful [software] tool is one that was used to do something
undreamed of by its author. -- S. C. Johnson