Re: updating 0.22.0 to Gnome 2.3.0

>Hi. I'm aware Jeff's gonna release 0.23.0 soon, and I just want to know
>how are you goin to update 0.22.0 to 0.23.0? Are you gonna get a new
>0.23.0 and get new packages or patch 0.22.0? how bout those packages
>downloaded by 0.22.0? do you have to get them again?
>
>thanks a lot.

Well - I've compiled Gnome 2.3 with modifield version of garnome (my own
"gnome-lite") and it seems to have some compile-time bugs. But I didn't
aplyed any patches... I was just corious what's the difference between 2.2
and 2.3. It works fine but I think that 2.2 was better (in my own opinion of
course) - 2.3 don't have rounded corners ;-)
Upgrading garnome-0.22.0 to 0.23.0? Hmm... I think that it could be a little
problematic. Some major libraries have changed a little. While compiling
I've got ie. libIDL error (it was saying, that I don't have flex while it
was instaled) but installing libIDL version from garnome-0.22.0 solved the
problem (still don't know why).
A good idea is to backup your existing working garnome and compile new to
have clear installation (or compile to another directory). Things like
mozilla don't have to be compiled again - just remove averything that says
"install" i cookies and it wil install without recompiling when you type
"make install".

Thats for now. I'm going to play new 2.3 now ;-)

Greetins - T.K.

KLIKNIJ 2 razy TAK >>> http://link.interia.pl/f170d