Re: gdm question

On Sun, 2002-09-01 at 05:20, Jason Trickett wrote:
> Hi.
> I installed gdm thru gnome-fifth-toe (garnome-0.13.1) and I wish to use
> this newer version as my login manager. Could someone point me in the
> right direction? Thanks.

Prolly depends on distro. On debian I installed gdm into the garnome
install directory (as root, but I don't know if that is needed [I
figrured so because of pam interaction]. Everything else I installed as
user). Then I edited /etc/init.d/gdm to point to the new gdm. Also,
either set HEED_DEFAULT_DISPLAY_MANAGER=false in /etc/init.d/gdm or
leave it as true, but change /etc/X11/default-display-manager to point
to new gdm. (There may be a Debian Way to set this, but I couldn't find
it and just used vi)