Re: a suggestion

Hi All,

Yes, I agree with you about Galeon. And, That's the reason I used it instead of vanilla Mozilla. Though, I did get a little fast/smooth scrolling/browsing experience in Galeon but, U should try Phoenix. I think the most difference is visible on slower machines.....maybe like mine (Compaq 12XL125 laptop, AMD K6-II 533Mhz, 192Mb RAM 8 Mb Shared VRAM, 30Gb HDD)

Try sites like msn.com, home.netscape.com, deskmod.org and see the smooth scrolling for yourself.

I am also pretty much frustrated with Mozilla Messenger's startup time and overall responsiveness and looking forward for their similar standalone mail-client code-named "ThunderBird".

I by the way am using Mozilla (and/or it's variations) because I sometimes boot in my Win2K partiion and use the same shared mozilla profile for browsing and mail ;) If you can think of a better way to do this using other clients, then I would be very happy to know about it.

Cheers,
--Sandeep Khanna

P.S: I have been trying to compile garnome since 0.17 for a long time and it fails. I will write a separate email describing that. Altough, In the past I have successfully compiled and used Garnome till 0.14

Jeff Waugh wrote:

<quote who="Sandeep Khanna"/>

I was a hard pressed galeon user until I came across Phoenix. Trust me, it
is much better to have Phoenix in Linux than Galeon. The main reason being
the window scrolls very smoothly like IE or Konqueror thus making you
finally feel that Linux is not slow after all.

Phoenix is indeed interesting.

Galeon, however, is *the* GNOME web browser, and kicks arse all around town.

Sandeep Khanna
Graduate Student in Computer Science, Villanova University Contact Number: (Home) 1-610-964-1320 (Office) 1-877-946-4622 Ext (106) (Cell) 1-267-253-6808

Quote of the day:

Failure is the foundation of truth. It teaches us what isn't true, and that is a great beginning. To fear failure is to fear the possibility of truth.
--Joan Chittister