Re: Xft and fontconfig configuration

On 2002.10.27 14:42 Martijn Anthonissen wrote:
On Sun, 2002-10-27 at 19:30, Francis Bouchard wrote:
> When I start GNOME with GDK_USE_XFT=1, XftConfig loops saying that
my
> XftConfig is broken or a bug in XFree causes the problem.  How do I
write a
> good XftConfig file ?

Here's mine. This is a valid file (watch out for line wrapping!):

# $XFree86: xc/lib/Xft/XftConfig.cpp,v 1.8 2001/11/21 23:41:12 keithp
Exp $

match edit rgba = rgb;
match edit antialias = true;

dir "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
dir "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType"
dir "/usr/share/fonts/truetype"

#
# alias 'fixed' for 'mono'
#
match any family == "fixed"		edit family =+ "mono";

#
# Check users config file
#
includeif	"~/.xftconfig"

#
# Alias between XLFD families and font file family name, prefer local
# fonts
#
match any family == "charter"		edit family += "bitstream
charter";
match any family == "bitstream charter" edit family =+ "charter";

match
  any size > 8
  any size < 14
edit