Missing docbook xml dtd solution

My Slackware distro was missing the docbook dtd for XML.
Apparently Gnome 1.4 only installed the dtd for SGML.

I examined the buildDocbookCatalog script to find out where the
docbook package was expected to be found, obtained a copy and put
it there, and so now that problem is solved.

If anyone else is attempting to put Gnome 2.0 on a Slackware
system, be aware that this missing docbook package is now
upgraded to 4.2, although the Garnome 0.17.1 scripts insist on
using 4.1.2, which is still available from Oasis. Not sure what
Garnome 0.18.0 wants.

Chuck

--
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (52% of Full)
So visit me at http://www.valstar.net/~hallenbeck