Re: fontconf configuration error

<quote who="Charles Hallenbeck">

> I tried that and now it finds the headers but still cannot find the expat
> library. Looks like Jeff's suggestion might be the way to go, if I can
> find the expat development packages somewhere.

Given that you're on Slackware, and assuming that you've done the research,
and Slackware doesn't provide packages, install expat from source. It won't
be too hard to find. I recommend the "Google" search engine.

   "Everyone says they like Free Software - not everyone is ready to make
         the tough choices to make it happen." - Maciej Stachowiak