Re: No more problem with 0.18.0

tis 2002-10-08 klockan 00.36 skrev Jeff Waugh:

> > Unfortunately, the assumption is false ... I have those lines in my
> > XftConfig and it was working in the previous GARNOME releases. However,
> > all fonts are antialiased at all sizes in the latest release.

May I suggest this instead:

match
  any size < 10
edit
  antialias = false;

In combination with a 9px font for the desktop, things gets close to
ideal. Now you can actually read the small text in the about boxes.

> You have to put the equivalent of the above lines into fonts.conf. Google or
> read the docs. :-)

Is fontconfig documented at all? Except for the fonts.dtd I found nada
of that kind..

Fontconfig does no error repporting. It doesen't even print warnings to
stdout. A missing fonts.conf will lead to a crash. The "xml" parser (why
expat, when we have libxml?) happily accepts unballanced tags, etc,
etc..

This pice of software is imho simply not mature enough to be used as one
of the corner stones in Gnome2 yet.

	- Jens