Re: More on fontconfig and pango

<quote who="Steve Smith">

> I'm runnig debian testing (sarge) with XFree86 4.1.  This looks to me
> like the fontconfig/Xft (and therefor the latest pango) may depend on
> XFree86 4.2.  Can someone with XFree86 4.2 check for the symbol
> 'XRenderCompositeText32' in Xrender (use 'nm
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libXrender.a|grep Compo').

Xft depends on the latest Xrender and fontconfig. We have fontconfig, but
they way I've done the install is borky, as it's not installed before Xft
configures/builds.

We *don't* install Keith's Xrender at all, so anyone running pre-4.2 XFree86
is going to have a rough time of it.

My goal for the next release is to add a fake configure and Makefile to
build each of these in succession (I might even throw Xft1 in for good
measure, dunno).

                            Interplanetary Pants