Enchancment suggestion

Hello,

Right now garnome is really wastefull.... Many packages remain the same from
one version to the other. Nonetheless, everything is redownloaded and
recompiled for every new release. For people with little bandwidth and
patience this is very irritating (of course I am not recommending this for
myself... I have a Comacast Cable (200kb) and a ASUS A7m266-D with 2 Athlon
2000+ SMP's 8-).

If garnome would run "pkg-config $(PKG_NAME) --modversion" every time it tried
to install a package, it would be really easy to catch redundancies. There
could even be an option in gar.conf.mk (MAKE_ALL = 1 ?) to really recompile
everythink when the situation warrents this.

Sometimes we won't be able to use pkg-config but might have to run: $(app)
--version.

What do you think? This way we would be doing our bit to lower the demands on
the open-source servers and saving time at the same time.

BTW how many garnome users are there?

Tomasz