Re: 0.18 build problem

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, John S. J. Anderson wrote:
>    (i hit the initial problem described by others, but got around that
>    with a 'make install' in
>    'misc/fontconfig/work/fcpackage.2_0/fontconfig/')

I think better is to add -I../fontconfig to the includes

>    i can tell those undeclared structs are present in
>    'misc/fontconfig/work/fcpackage-2_0/Xrender/Xrender.h', but if i
>    hack that into 'misc/fontconfig/work/fcpackage.2_0/Xft/xftint.h'
>    (which seems like, on first blush, where it should go), things blow
>    up later trying to link against the libXft.so that's getting
>    built.
>
>    anyway, i'm stuck; any pointers appreciated. debian sid, several
>    previous garnome builds, etc.

you need to edit Xft.h not Xftint.h  Xrender.h gets included from
X11/extensions/Xrender.h  if you change that to Xrender.h and add
-I../Xrender to the includes, everything works fine.  Hopefully there will
be a working fontconfig package in the next garnome, but making those few
changes cleared everything up for me.

regards,
Sean