Re: Building packages from GARNOME tarballs

yautja interia pl wrote:

Hi.

I'm just courious if someone was realy thinking about including package building for GARNOME... Now it's only "Not yet interpelated". It would be realy nice to get .debs (or any other packages) from already built tarballs - it could save time for building GARNOME on more then one machine.
What do you think Jeff - do you want to do this or it's not yet so important?

Tomek.
I made a try with garnome-0.17.1 and a patch is available for building RPM.
In order to quickly assemble the first stage packages it uses a patched rpm.
I builded a set of package for redhat8.0 that build themselves correctly and both sets install a running gnome (I use these for making i386/sparc platforms gnome install at work). Patches and packages are availables at http://www.rcsnet.net/pub/Gnome2/garnome-0.17.1 The last ones are the 'pl3' ones. They should build both levels almost without errors (at least the ones that are ready)