Recursively listing dependencies. (How much further do I have to go?)

I'm working on building gnome2 for AIX and have to do a fair amount to work (mostly on the AIX side) to get modules to build. I was curious if Garnome could provide a light at the end of the tunnel, so I could find out how many dependencies have to build for a given module (gnome-panel, for instance) to see how close I am to completion. Maybe like this:
~garnome/gnome/gnome-panel% make listdeps
Anybody know any tricks?

Thanks in Advance!

Paul.

Inflex Virus Scanner - installed on mailserver for domain @et.byu.edu