Re: gnome-terminal && Xft

hi,

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 09:53:11PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> Rock, nice to hear reports of "everything working" now and then. ;-)

well actually, apart from some missing/outdated debian-packages,
everything has worked fine (for me) since 0.10 (or somesuch release).
didn't dare touch 0.18.0 though :-)

> You need to use the vte widget instead of zvt. I've put a Makefile.vte in
> the gnome-terminal directory. Just move that to Makefile, then clean and
> install. It will build vte and gnome-terminal against it.

thanks, worked flawlessly.

> I give you about half an hour to realise that anti-aliased terminal fonts
> suck of the arse. ;-)

nah, it all depends on you screen resolution and color-scheme, imo.
if & when i get myself a nice 18" tft display i'll try the sub-pixel
rendering options, i'm curious to see how that will look...

--
CUL8R, Peter.