Re: TT Fonts....

<quote who="vf2rf7fc1pk001 sneakemail com">

> So to get gnome2 finally working (gnome-session always segfault due to
> pango and problems with xft fonts, bug 70351) i have to install xft fonts
> properly or can be properly installed and crash by other reasons? (there
> aren't any xftcache file so i can't delete it BTW)

It might crash for another reason, but if the segfault is indicating Xft
issues, then it's probably still this problem.

> BTW is everybody using debian here with xfree86 4.2? because it keeps
> complaining about a bug at xrender if i activate gdk_use_xft using the
> unstable version of xfree86 (4.1-0.16)

The only stuff I build from source is GARNOME, so no. All of my Debian
packages are reasonably recent sid ones.

If someone has a link to a good "How to configure Xft correctly", I'll link
it on the GARNOME page. Most distributions will do this sensibly for you,
however. :-)

     "What's up with that word though... it's like something you did to
          frogs in grammar school." - Ani DiFranco on bisexuality