Re: sawfish prefereces lost between sessions

Jeff Waugh wrote:
<quote who="Rafa? Krzewski">

I'm having a problem with sawfish preferecens. Evert time I log out,
everything gets reset back to defaults. This was happening to me both with
garnome 0.9.8 and 0.10.0. I'd appreciate some pointers...

You'll have to wait for a new sawfish release. :-)

Maybe not ... :) After a while of stracing I discovered that sawfish was not
reading the same file that it was writing the settings to.
Configuration is being written to ~/.sawfish/custom, but the files loaded at
startup are ~/.sawfishrc ~/.sawfishrc.jl ~/.sawfishrc.jlc
~/.sawfish/lisp/site-init ~/.sawfish/lisp/site-init.jl
~/.sawfish/lisp/site-init.jlc ~/.sawmillrc etc.

Creating a symbolic link from ~/.sawfish/custom to ~/.sawfishrc fixes the
problem.

Rafal