Gnome2 RC2

Installing gnome 2 RC2 with garnome.

Dear Jeff can I use the old garnome 0.11.0 to install gnome 2 RC2 or should we wait for the real deal and a new garnome before we can install a new version of garnome 2

Cheers

stef

Jeff Waugh wrote:

<quote who="Damien Covey">

Has anyone got this to work with RedHat 7.3, or does someone have some ideas on how to get it working.

You should not be using $HOME because it's installed in /root. So, try:

 - reading your .xsession-errors or similar files in your home directory

 - running it with startx and .xinitrc to see what the errors are

 - redirecting the output of gnome-session to see if you can get more info
   there