font not correct

Whenever I start up garnome these days, it doesn't start with my preferred
font (Trebuchet MS, that I installed from apt-get), instead it starts
with a Times font.   As soon as I start the font configurator, it actually
shows the Trebuchet font, and it changes the font on the panel and all the
apps to the Trebuchet font.  Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Matt Rose     mattrose folkwolf net    Visit my blog!  http://folkwolf.net
He's a hate-fuelled Jewish dog-catcher on the hunt for the last specimen
of a great and near-mythical creature. She's a hard-bitten Buddhist
opera singer on her way to prison for a murder she didn't commit. They
fight crime!
Random Crime Fighters by http://www.rain-street.org/fightcrime.htm