Re: I am having a problem with xchat

On Sat, 2002-06-15 at 14:22, Ken Foskey wrote:

> I am having a problem with gnome-applets:
>
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..
> -DGNOMELOCALEDIR=\""/home/ken/garnome//locale"\"
> 	-I/home/ken/garnome/include/panel-2.0

OK I tracked this one down.  It also occurred in yelp.

The issue is that the gettext ~/garnome/include/libbonobo-2.0 does this:

#    define gettext(Domain,Message) (Message)

This means that the gettext function does not really exist, defined to
nothing.

To work around (better solution) is to #define ENABLE_NLS before the
include of the bonobo include.  This leaves the function as a real call
and therefore resolved in lines like this:

gtk_item_factory_set_translate_func ( priv->item_factory,
 (GtkTranslateFunc) gettext,   NULL, NULL);

Notice the address is taken of gettext and if this is #defined away then
this code will not work.

KenF