Re: How can I add one more user to use garnome?

Where the new gdm will be installed to? replace the old version ?

From: Aschwin van der Woude <aschwin van der woude creanor com>
To: chuang ma <ma_chuang hotmail com>
CC: Garnome list <garnome-list gnome org>
Subject: Re: How can I add one more user to use garnome?
Date: 15 Jun 2002 21:18:07 +0300

> WoW , with gdm2 should be cool !!!

And I am using the graphical greeter with my own theme, which makes it
really cool! :-)

> Did you download the .gz file and compile
> it?

It is included in the garnome distribution, but not compiled by default.
Go into <garnome-src>/gnome/gdm and do a make install.

You will need to make changes to the gdm.config file installed by it to
have the config point to the right directory.
You should also make sure you have pam-devel installed.

Have fun,

-A.

ma_chuang