installing xlst stylesheets

although this question is partly answered in the FAQ on garnome webpage,
I still can't get it to work:

basically, I get the now famous "could not locate chunk-common.xsl of
DocBook XSLT stylesheets" error when compiling.

I downloaded docbook-xsl-1.52.1.tar.gz from sourceforge, unzip - untar,
read the README, which says "untar the package SOMEWHERE"

simple question: where is this "somewhere" ?! in order for garnome to
find it and use it correctly ? should I use all the included directories
in /usr/share/ ?

thanks for your help

--Bastien

This e-mail contains confidential information or information belonging to
Credit Lyonnais and is intended solely for the addressees.
The unauthorized disclosure, use, dissemination or copying of this e-mail,
or any information it contains, is prohibited.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration and their integrity cannot be guaranteed.
Credit Lyonnais shall not be liable for this e-mail if modified or falsified.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please delete it
immediately from your system and notify the sender of the wrong delivery
and the mail deletion.