fonts

I have installed gnome2 via garnome 0.12 on rhat 7.3 system
after installation i realized that gnome-font-properties
crash every time i try to run it.
so i run it from garnome/share/pixmaps so it can find the missing png
that prevented the menu choice to execute.
the problem i have is that gnome2 knows only a subset of my installed
fonts so i cant select my local language fonts that reside in
/usr/share/msttf and /usr/share/ISO8859-7(gnome1 sees them).
How can make g2 to be aware of them?

thanks
nikos