Re: Crashing applets

All:

I have the same issue on RedHat 7.3. However, if I change the directory to where I built the applets, e.g.:
.../garnome-0.12.0/gnome/control-center/work/control-center-2.0.0/capplets/font
I can start the applets without crashes. Therefore, this could be an issue with the install procedures of garnome (?).

Try to change directory to where you built the applet and run it from there:
cd .../garnome-0.12.0/gnome/control-center/work/control-center-2.0.0/capplets/font
./gnome-font-properties
(note the "./" which startes "gnome-font-properties" from the build directory, not from where garnome installed the binary) and it will work without crashing. I don't know enough about how garnome works to find out where the issue is.

Thanks for the garnome maintainer for the great piece of work.

Best regards, Erwin

John Williams wrote:

Thanks for garnome!

Right, I've installed it (three times!) on a RH 7.3 box and find that
many of the desktop preferences applets segfault on startup. They are:

Font
Keyboard-shortcuts
Mouse
Toolbars and menus
Panel
Preferred applications

gnome-sound-recorder also segfaults

does anyone else have this problem? (Or had it and solved it?)

TIA

John