Re: Using Garnome with a web proxy ?

begin  Mike Strock  quotation:
> I have a proxy server where I am trying to use Garnome.  It requires
> all web traffic to go through this proxy server, on port 80.
>
> I don't see anywhere in the documentation about setting up Garnome
> to use a proxy server.
>
> Is it possible?
>
> Sorry for the simple question.   I'm new to garnome, and I've search
> the back messages for an answer, but didn't find one.

try going into the metapackage for garnome and doing the following:

	make http_proxy='http://proxy.mynetwork.tld:8080/' deep-checksum

Then it should download all the packages using whatever hostname and
port number you list in the http_proxy variable.

or you can put the following in gar.conf.mk:

export http_proxy=http://proxy.mynetwork.tld:8080/

that'll last you through the entire build.

--
A: No.