Re: SHELL variable

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Samuel Stringham wrote:
> Can someone else confirm that 0.19.3 doesn't set the SHELL variable on
> default gdm install?  Is this a gdm bug?  A gnome-session bug?  Either
> way, it makes it so you can't run gnome-terminal (it doesn't know what
> to execute).  I will hunt it down some more later if no one has a quick
> answer for me.

This is not limited to Garnome. I have this same problem on Gentoo's
1.2r4. I'm not certain how to solve it.

My workaround was to make the terminal execute as 'gnome-terminal -x
/bin/bash'.

And yes, all of the other environment variables are set.

This is definitely a gnome-terminal thing, because if logged in non-x, it
works fine. Moreover, it works just fine if an xterm is executed.

--Pat