Recompiling a single port

Hello,

I compiled 0.19.3 the other day, tar-zipped the output profile
folders, and today I reformatted to obtain another fs-type...
however I had zipped up before I had compiled gdm...

Now it wants to rebuild several libs, since I don't have
the original build folders anymore...  yet most if not all
of these libs should in in the output/lib or libexec folders,
I would think.

Is there a way to tell make to check for a binary before
checking for a work folder?

Thanks,
Rick Fleming