Re: X dies on startup after installing garnome 0.19.3

> <quote who="Rolf Kulemann">
>
> > * There is a possibility to start the font-config stuff without setting up the garnome environment as described above:
> > Make sym link like this: "ln -s $HOME/garnome/lib/libfontconfig.so.1 /usr/lib/"
> >
> > *Then exec "$HOME/garnome/bin/fc-cache -f" as root
>
> Don't do this, it's a very very stupid hack around doing the right thing
> with your environment.

Of course this is a bad way, but not REALLY stupid.
All my fonts are available in gnome2 with this way.
I'm not using this way anymore, because you have to exec fc-cache after each reboot.
My primary goal with this posting was, to show WHY some guys have to exec fc-cache after each reboot!
This question was asked some times, but got never answered.

So I'm not the only stupid one.

-- Rolf Kulemann

If God had intended Man to Walk, He would have given him Feet.