Re: gst-player missing colorspace plugin despite gst-plugins installed ok

<quote who="D. D. Brierton">

> but each time I try and start gst-player I get a stop dialog with the
> message "The colorspace plug-in could not be found. This plug-in is
> essential for gst-player. Please install it and verify that it works by
> running 'gst-inspect colorspace'".

> I did check the archive this time so I hope this isn't an FAQ. Any
> suggestions?

It is pretty much a FAQ. Install libhermes-dev and rebuild gst-plugins.

     "Funny, I have no trouble distinguishing my mobile phone from the
       others because it's in my _own fucking pocket_!" - Mobile Rage