Various crashes

I've installed Gnome 2.0.1 via Garnome 0.13.1.

Previously, I had installed Gnome 2.0.0 via Garnome 0.12.0

Since I did the install using Garnome 0.13.1, I am having various apps crash on me. I suspect the
crashes are all related. For example, Nautilus seems to have trouble viewing certain files (html,
normal text). It will crash. Gedit crashes opening some text files. (I think it has to do with the
size of the file. It seems if the file is over 4.5k or so, Gedit crashes. Perhaps Nautilus is
crashing for the same reason.) Yelp (the Gnome help system) also crashes trying to open the help
files.

Interestingly, all these crashes asks me if I want to run bug-buddy, of course. When I try to run
it, it starts a backtrace but then, it too, crashes (asking me if I want to run bug-buddy BTW).

I really have no evidence to back this up but I suspect all these crashes are occuring for the same
reason. What that reason could be however, is a mystery to me.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Rick

Join the Space Program: Get FREE E-mail at http://www.space.com.