Re: Settings Daemon

Thanks Mario for your hints and the url.
(Unfortunately) I never have Gnome1.x installed.
There is no existent GConfd running in background.

"There have been cases of the initial login to GNOME 2 not going quite smoothly and a lot of errors about CORBA connections not being completed popping up in error boxes (and nothing else starting). This can be probably fixed by stopping the session (returning to the gdm screen or to the command prompt) and then (in a terminal) removing the /tmp/orbit-user directory (and all of its contents), where user is replaced with the appropriate user's login name."

That seems to be my problem !
But I have no /tmp/orbit-"user" directory.

What can I do now ?

regards,

Jan