Re: Gconf won't let GNOME run!

--- "James J. Ramsey" <jjramsey_6x9eq42 yahoo com>
wrote:
> When I try to start GNOME, I get a little error
> dialog
> about xml:readonly:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory
> and
> /opt/garnome/etc/gconf/2/path--and nothing else. I
> close the dialog, and X logs out. One of the error
> messages left behind is something about failing a
> gconf2 sanity check.
>
> Obviously, I configured GARNOME to install under
> /opt/garnome.
>
> Anyone have a solution for this problem?

I figured it out. If I had scrolled down the file
/opt/garnome/etc/gconf/2/path, I would have found the
following lines:

xml:readonly:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory
xml:readonly:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults

Neither /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory nor
/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults exist on my machine,
which is what gconf-sanity-check-2 was complaining
about.

Methinks a GARNOME 0.13.0a is due....