Sawfish won't work

Hi!

I've had some trouble while testing the Garnome 0.8.6 distribution on
RedHat 7.2 with Xfree 4.2.0 and RedHat Default Gnome.

Compiling and installing was not that stressfull except on thing with
docbook-xsl because there is no rpm available only the source package
from Sourceforge with no install instructions for my RedHat 7.2.

It took me some time searching the web for something useable about
installing and configuring this blank source package before realizing,
that a simple extract to /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xslt-x.x.x was enough
to continue compiling Garnome (no extra configure was needed).

I configured my existing gdm as outlined in the FAQ by adding a Garnome
session. I started this session and saw a normal Gnome startup except
there was no window manager. I was wondering and opend a terminal for
trying a manual start of sawfish but it told me, there there is already
a window manager running. 'ps -x' showed me that there was a sawfish
running but I had no window manager functionality. All new windows were
opened on top left. I couldn't move, close, minimize or resize them. I
killed the sawfish and tried a new sawfish start, but it showed me an
error about a missing/wrong "gtkrc_???" variable. Any ideas? The Garnome
distribution didn't respond any error during compiling and installing
(except the stupid xslt thing I've mentioned above).

Another strange thing happend when starting a new Gnome (RedHat default)
session. The Gnome Panel crashed with a memory protection error and this
was repeatable. I've tried with different logins always the same crash.
Could this be because I compiled and installed Garnome as root ind
/root/garnome? It was not that terrible because upgraded to latest
Ximian Gnome and it is working fine now, but I want to try a new Garnome
install with a seperate user account I've planned. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Gunnar