Re: [gamin] monitoring a dir + subdirs using python-gamin

On 4/11/06, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 09:01:25AM +0200, daniele favara wrote:
> > hi all,
> >
> > one question .. is it possible to monitor subdirs using python-gamin ?
> >
> > i see i have to add them using  watch_directory ...
> >
> > case:
> >
> > i'm monitoring $HOME/foo a directory "bar" with subdirs + files has
> > been added .. gamin will notify just "bar".
> >
> > what is the best way to monitor everything  in $HOME/foo?
>
>   You really need to recurse and put a watch on every directories. See
> the code for monitoring in sabayon, it does that.
>   I tend to think watching everything under a user directory can't work
> very well with the current kernel interfaces, you have a race between
> the time a directory is created or removed and the time the user space
> can put a watch on it, there is a scaling issue too.

hi Daniel
thanks for answering :)

in the mean time i figured it out :).

the idea is to use xapian engine and gamin to monitor a dir ... the
result should be a dirty and ugly beagle :). i'm just experimenting ..
nothing really serious ..

do you think it's not yet doable ?

--
----