Re: [gamin] gamin: libtool linking fix

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 12:10:44PM +0200, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
> Hallo.
>
> Patch below removes illegal references to build directory in
> installed .la files. Tested with gamin-0.1.5.
>
> dependency_libs=' -L/usr/src/packages/BUILD/gamin-0.1.5/libgamin/.libs /usr/lib/libgamin-1.la'
> found trace of $RPM_BUILD_ROOT or $RPM_BUILD_DIR in installed .la file
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.23652 (%install)
>
> Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >   the .spec.in coming from the distrib states:
> >
> > rm -f $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_libdir}/*.la
>
> There is not yet clean decision, whether to remove or keep .la files,
> but for now SuSE keeps most .la files with exception of plugin .la
> files. It helps to prevent weak symbols which break prelinking. SuSE
> Autobuild build packages in limited chroot environment. Missing package
> causes error while linking with .la file, but weak symbols while linking
> without.
>
> The patch is trivial and the result will be correct .la file.

  Now if you run make tests in a build tree, will the python based tests
use the system library or the one built on the tree ? I'm afraid this
may break "make tests" semantic.
  python/tests/Makefile.am does

 PYTHONPATH="..:../.libs:../libgamin:../libgamin/.libs:$(srcdir)/..:$$PYTHONPATH"

So it may work around the removal of the reference, but I would prefer if you
could check this first.
  A trivial patch doesn't mean it's harmless.

Daniel