[gamin] Re: Building gamin 0.1.6

On 10/22/05, Mark Carey <mark carey gmail com> wrote:
> To work around this problem I can overwrite the file
> /usr/include/linux/inotify.h with the file included with the linux
> kernel 2.6.13.4 (include/linux/inotify.h).  This allows building
> to complete.

Naturally, it I leave the existing header and pass --disable-inotify
to configure then building gamin completes, nautilus and gnome-vfs
work and dont spew lots of stuff into stdout.

Gamin doesnt appear to leak memory but I do see the ocassional,

end of FAM server connection

But I assume this is ok.

Naturally without gamin/inotify working file monitring is just non-existant.

Regards,

Mark Carey