[gamin] More inotify events?

Hi all,
I'm currently trying to use gamin with inotify in automatical file conversion
project. Idea is following: I have a deamon using gamin to monitor a
directory. When user copies a file (for example msword document) into that
directory, an configured filter is called and the file is converted to
another format (txt document, for example).

But I'm unable to get when the file copying is finished to start the filter :(
I get GamCreated event and then several GamChanged events. I've looked into
inotify documentation and inotify does support events IN_CLOSE_WRITE a
IN_CLOSE_NOWRITE (among others).

Are here any plans to extend gamin event interface to include more inotify
events?  Is here any other way to get these events from python wrapper?

Thanks
  Yenda