Re: [gamin] gamin /media/* polling and inotify

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 09:30:44AM -0500, Brandon Hale wrote:
> In my testing, it appears that the recent polling changes in gamin have
> solved the issues with /media/* and /mnt/* using dnotify. However, using
> an inotify .19/.20 kernel, it appears that polling is not used and we
> see the same bugs as before. Clues would be appreciated, I'll follow up
> soon with testgam results.

  I don't test yet with inotify, it's not part of the kernel yet so
a bit too bleeding edge to try to enforce the same behaviour as on the
dnotify back-end. But as usual, patches are welcome :-)
  Note also that some of the recent regression tests monitor the dnotify
behaviour specifically and (python/tests/dnotify*.py) and are likely to
show failure on an inotify kernel at the moment.

Daniel