Re: [gamin] high cpu usage while copying

John McCutchan schrieb:
> On Sat, 2005-07-23 at 15:44 +0200, Prakash Punnoor wrote:
>
>>Prakash Punnoor schrieb:
>>
>>>I found some starnge behaviour in this constellation:
>>>
>>>-gamin-0.1.2
>>>-linux 2.6.3-rc3
>>
>>It is inotify enabled, btw.
>

> CVS includes a fix for the inotify backend that should drop the CPU
> usage by a large amount. There might be something else going on...

I installed cvs version, did a killall gam_server and tried it. Result is
indeed lower CPU usage (not anymore 100%) by gamin, but still way too high
(oszillating from about 30-70%).

BTW, I found out the problem only happen when writing to my raid-0 xfs device.
Should I make a post to lkml too? Could it be kernel/inotify related?

There is still the probem of too much cpu usage in kaffeine while watching
dvb, as I wrote in another thread.

Cheers,

--
Prakash Punnoor