[gamin] [BUG?] Gamin locks up the machine in KDE

Hi all,

I'm using gamin with inotify on KDE and I must say that it is very good. I
have only one complaint with it, i.e. it locks the machine under determined
circumstances. It happens when I try to unmount a device when Konqueror is
opened on the mountpoint of that device. The machine simply locks up. I think
it goes into a loop because after some seconds the fan of the laptop turns
on, as if there were a lot of CPU activity going on.

To reproduce the bug on my machine I just have to add a new device on KDE
desktop (for example an USB pendrive), click on it to open a Konqueror window
and then unmount the device (by right clicking on it on KDE's desktop and
selecting "Unmount"). I don't know if the problem really lies in Gamin or
KDE. For comparison when I try to do this with FAM the unmount fails because
FAM locks the mountpoint (I guess).

The bug appears in Gamin 0.19-0.20 and with Inotify 0.17-0.18. I must add that
I'm using a home-made kernel with some additions to vanilla 2.6.10 (nothing
that seems to conflict with Inotify, though). Do you have any hint?

Best regards,

  Francesco

PS: please CC me as I'm not subscribed to the list.