Re: [gamin] CIFS Mountpoints on FC3

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 04:36:22AM +0000, Adam Collyer wrote:
> Hi,
> Sorry if this is a commonly asked question; I've checked out the bug
> lists and google searched, but nothing seems to solve this problem I have.
> I have added a mountpoint to fstab to a windows server share:
>
> //serpent2005/vol1     /mnt/vol1             cifs
> credentials=/home/adam/.smbpasswd 0 0
>
> This mounts pefectly, and will unmount - provided I don't browse to it!
> The moment I browse the share, or open a file, gam_server holds onto it
> and doesn't let go, so I then can't unmount the share,

  that's not normal. gamin does not use dnotify for anything under /mnt/
and I don't see why the polling method should block the mount (unless
the stat() syscall is somewhat broken on cifs)

> and ultimately it
> segfaults when I attempt a restart:

  It should really not segfault, what do you mean by "attempt a restart" ?

> [root ajc /]# umount /mnt/vol1
> umount: /mnt/vol1: device is busy
> umount: /mnt/vol1: device is busy
>

> So ultimately I'm asking can I specify a list of paths gamin doesn't
> monitor? Even if I log onto my windows machine and disconnect the

  http://www.gnome.org/~veillard/gamin/config.html
  There is no monitor/doesn't monitor. the browser (nautilus ?) asks
gam to monitor the directories and resources. Then by default gam_server
should use poll and stat() to check the files under /mnt/vol1

> session, it still won't let go (same if I try to kill gam_server) :(
> I'm using the two FC3 binaries- gamin-0.0.19-1.i386.rpm and
> gamin-devel-0.0.19-1.i386.rpm.

  Daniel