Re: [gamin] Compatibility with SGI::FAM Perl module

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 01:05:25PM -0500, Mike Heins wrote:
> Since gamin has replaced sgi_fam as the file alteration module
> shipped with Fedora Core, I have a bit of a problem. I have software
> based on SGI::FAM, the Perl module that works with sgi_fam. I tried
> compiling against libgamin, but no go.

  Not informative... what went wrong ?

> Is there any consideration being given to compatibility with SGI::FAM?

  A priori no. you should not even need to recompile.

> It looks like the problems are mostly struct declarations, but I am
> not enough of a C hacker to sort them out.

  I'm not gonna work on SGI::FAM or other application level code.

Differences between gamin and FAM are listed there
   http://www.gnome.org/~veillard/gamin/differences.html
I reused the same structure declarations as in fam.h from SGI, the public
header is basically the same.

Daniel