[gamin] Re: [RFC][PATCH] inotify 0.10.0
- From: Robert Love <rml novell com>
- To: Ray Lee <ray-lk madrabbit org>
- Cc: Andrew Morton <akpm osdl org>, viro parcelfarce linux theplanet co uk, gamin-list gnome org, linux-kernel vger kernel org, iggy gentoo org
- Subject: [gamin] Re: [RFC][PATCH] inotify 0.10.0
- Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 18:10:06 -0400
On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 14:39 -0700, Ray Lee wrote:
> It's just as easy to pass crap via ioctl() as write().
The ioctl() at least forces you to break up your calls into request and
argument pairs. And as the requests are inotify-based preprocessor
defines, at least that half of the equation is impossible to mess up.
In other words, ioctl() is slightly more structured than write(), which
is utterly non-structured.
] [Thread Prev