Re: [gamin] Patch needed for inotify 0.10 [u]

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 12:25, Martin Schlemmer [c] wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-09-26 at 22:23 -0400, John McCutchan wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Here is an updated patch so that gamin will work with the new inotify.
> >

> This do not say much for 'inotify' interface is stable :D  Is there
> a way that you can code up something to querry inotify to what features
> it supports, and it returns a u64 or something that is an 'and' of all
> the IN_ events supported?  When are all the unimplemented events going
> to be implemented?

inotify is still in development, so it may not be stable. I do think
that event masks should be pretty stable now. I don't want to kludge
things now by assuring backwards compatibility.

> NB: Do you have some implementation docs for inotify?

In the release notes there is a simple HOWTO. I just added a description
of all of the events.

John