[gamin] Re: [patch] make dnotify compile-time configurable
- From: Matt Mackall <mpm selenic com>
- To: Robert Love <rml novell com>
- Cc: akpm osdl org, linux-kernel vger kernel org, gamin-list gnome org
- Subject: [gamin] Re: [patch] make dnotify compile-time configurable
- Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 10:11:24 -0500
On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 02:24:34AM -0400, Robert Love wrote:
> Attached patch makes dnotify compile-time configurable via
> CONFIG_DNOTIFY. The patch stands alone from the inotify patch, although
> it really makes most sense in that context. Maybe the tiny kernel will
> find it useful as well.
Indeed, it's been useful for months. Unfortunately my development
boxes are still mothballed so progress upstream is stalled.
> Disabling CONFIG_DNOTIFY saves a couple hundred bytes off of vmlinux.
Hmm, thought I saved at least 1 or 2k.
Mathematics is the supreme nostalgia of our time.
] [Thread Prev