Re: Icons and cardsets license

Sander Marechal said:
> Hello,
>
> Under what license are the icons used for Aisleriot and the cardsets?
> GPL? I am creating a Hearts game for GNOME and I'd like to use the
> gnome-freecell.png icon and dondorf.svg cardset to start off with. I do
> hope to replace them with my own (or contributed) art someday though.

Long story short, if you use any of the art in gnome-games within another
GPL game, you should be just fine.

Long story long, if the icon was created under a compatible-but-non-GPL
license, it'll take a while to dig up that info. However, I can tell you
for certain that dondorf.svg is public domain. You can find more info as
well as basic card templates at http://rahga.com/svg/

-Richard Hoelscher