gnomines possible improvement

Hi, I have always wanted to add an option to minesweeper so that the
program uses an alogrithm to make it impossible to have to guess.  It
seems a major factor that causes a good game to go bad is a situation
where it is a 50/50 guess, and the player is unlucky.  I propose an option
in the preferences (default disabled) where the game can dynamically
reallocate the mines in these situations.  If the algorithm is
sufficiantly advanced, the difficulty level could be increased not only by
the number of mines, but by the algorithm used to reallocate the mines
after each click.

I have tried to send an email to the gnomine maintainer, and I have
recieved an email from the server saying it is an invalid user.  I have
written code so far to put the checkbox in the preferences window, and I
am familiar with how the rest of the code works.   I wanted to request
permission to add this feature, I don't think it will cost more than
100-200 additional lines of code.

I am not a member of the list, so please reply to spdepagn ncsu edu
thanks