Re: AisleRiot Solitaire SVG Artwork

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 13:28 -0500, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> 2529386 bud cc swin edu au writes:
>
> > Hi, my name is Jones Lee, currently I'm designing a new SVG card deck based on
> > Inkscape, I'm not sure whether AisleRioit has supported SVG yet and if yes, can
> > I know the spec for card designing? Thankx.
>
> Hi Jones,
>
> Your request is best sent to games-list gnome org

Aisleriot supports SVG in 2.8 and above (with really good rendering in
2.9). The file format is basically one large image with all the cards
drawn in a big array. See the files bonded.png and paris.svg in the
gnome-games distribution for examples, they can be found in the
libgames-support directory and are installed under
/usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-games-common/cards/ (the prefix may vary
depending on whether you use your distro's version or you install it
yourself).

Be warned that inkscape produces SVG files with a lot of extra crap in
them. This makes them quite large, but they can be cleaned up.